Thursday, February 18, 2010

Update!

I am doing fine with this class... still hate technology, but that probably will never change. There is a lot of homework to do, and its pretty time consuming, but not hard work... I think its my own fault for having 21 credits and 3 jobs! I feel ill-qualified to recommend something I want to learn, because I know NOTHING about this computer stuff! All of this is new to me, and though I despise modern technology, I am very happy to be in this class. Education demands the use of computers and technology... especially in secondary science! So all of these things we are learning is fabulous- I don't think any of it is a waste of time. I feel like this class is really pushing me to solidify my values, ideas, and philosophy of education... for instance, I I have always been the old-fashioned rote learning type of person (which is probably why I don't like college- its not rote based!). But in seeing the effects of technology in classes like last week's video of the kindergarten class, I cannot possibly say its bad! Its just another style... so this has been a good experience to get myself out of my simple, comfort-zone box!

1 comment:

  1. Jess,

    First of all... 21 credits and 3 jobs... YIKES!! How are you doing it?

    You are doing very well in this class for someone who doesn't like technology. :) I think when you are getting into a field such as education, it's good to push yourself out of your comfort zone because you will have many different learning styles in your classroom. Some students will learn well by rote, such as yourself and others will need a different approach. I'm glad you recognize that.

    You are right that as a secondary science major, you will be required to use technology in your classroom. I'm glad that you are seeing the many different ways teachers can and do use technology in education. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete